Apply before: 02/03/2018
Archaeoleg Brython Archaeology
is a young, successful and rapidly growing company based in North West Wales. We are currently working on a number of infrastructure projects where significant discoveries have been made and will be commencing other exciting projects in the near future.
As a result, we are looking to expand our team on a permanent basis and want to recruit enthusiastic and ambitious archaeologists at all levels.
These will be permanent positions based at our office in Bangor, Gwynedd, North Wales which are likely to involve some away work on sites across Wales, the North West and Midlands.
PROJECT ARCHAEOLOGISTS (£18,525 - £20,475) - We do not want to discourage applications by stating a minimum level of experience, if you're lacking in commercial experience make good use of your covering letter!
SUPERVISORS (£21,450 - £25,350) - You should have at least a few months of experience in supervising small teams on larger excavations or experience of undertaking watching briefs with little to no supervision. Some experience of report writing and stakeholder liaison would be beneficial.
PROJECT OFFICERS (£26,325 - £29,250) - You should have experience of working on projects, including larger/complex watching briefs and excavations, from design through to reporting. You should be able to confidently manage teams whilst engaging with stakeholders on medium to large scale projects. A driving licence is essential for these PO positions.
(All pay scales will rise in April)
The ideal candidates at all levels will have:
- A full clean driving licence
- CSCS card
- CIfA membership
- Ability to communicate in Welsh would be beneficial but not essential (we will offer Welsh taster courses to all successful applicants)
This is an opportunity for you to become a part of a flourishing company who believes in investing in its staff and working to the highest archaeological standards.
- Workplace Pension (NEST) - 6% contribution from us
- Full payment of CIfA subs
- Training budget
- 21 days holiday (rising to 26 after 5 years) and all public holidays paid - additional company days are also paid at our discretion
- Paid sick pay after a 3 month probationary period (doesn't affect your statutory sick)
- Paid travel time from the office or from accommodation on away work
- Accommodation on away work (including subsistence for each working day)
- Use of company vehicles and;
- Good quality PPE
Please email your CV with a covering letter to Iwan Parry: email@example.com