London based FinTech start-up operating in the agricultural commodities data market and data visualisation are now looking for a full-time Junior Meteorologist to join a growing team.
You will work closely with the Meteorology team as well as developers in order to build and manage a variety of weather data/weather alerts/reports on main agricultural commodities (soybean, corn, wheat, coffee, cocoa etc).
Your role will include:
- Working in conjunction with and providing support to other Meteorologists on the management of weather data focused on agricultural commodities.
- Managing the current weather analytics and developing upon these further.
- Assisting in the creation and management of regular weather reports for commodities across different areas in the globe.
- An undergraduate/postgraduate degree in Meteorology or Climatology
- A basic understanding and keen interest in impacts of weather on agricultural commodities
- Advanced computing skills including programming, especially in python
- Experience in handling and processing of large weather data sets
- Strong mathematical/statistical/analytical background
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- UK/EU resident or valid UK work permit
- Knowledge/experience in tropical meteorology
- Basic understanding of crop cycles
- Experience with React/ GIS/ SQL
- Experience in statistical modelling
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to grow into a young and exciting start-up where your ideas and opinions can make a real difference
- Great team environment
- Salary £22,000-24,000pa.
Applications close on the 21st October 2018.
If you are interested, then please send your details and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org