REConnect Energy is India's largest Digital Energy Services Company. Founded in 2010, the Company has grown from 2 members team to 54 as on Mar 18. The Company operates primarily in two distinct areas:
- Predictive Analytics services for forecasting electric demand, wind power and solar power generation for utilities and renewable energy producers.
- Demand supply aggregation through India's first over the counter marketplace clickpower.in to enable consumer meet their tailor made energy consumption requirements.
- The job profile requires an inter-disciplinary approach to solving technical problems whilst also understanding the business requirements. Everyday tasks include:
- Setting up and running global and regional weather models.
- Dissemination of global NWP data into usable parameters and formats.
- Comparative analysis on multiple sources of weather forecast and observational data.
- Development of methods to improve accuracy of weather forecast data.
- Identification and characterization of complex relationships between multiple weather parameters and renewable energy generation.
- Providing inputs for new product development and improvements to existing products and services.
Expected Skill Set
- Educational Qualification: B.Sc/B.E. + Masters (Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences/Climatology and related disciplines).
- Understanding of the underlying factors influencing model performance.
- Experience working with BUFR ,GRIB and NETCDF encoded data.
- Experience cleaning, visualizing and manipulating large amounts of data.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of the power and energy sector is advantageous but not necessary however a strong interest in solving global energy challenges is a must.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
If this role interests you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any queries regarding the role may also be directed to email@example.com