We are looking for an Ecologist with 2+ years full-time experience working in ecological consultancy.
This is a great opportunity to join our experienced, friendly and innovative Newcastle team, and one of the most successful and well-established independent ecological consultancies in the UK. We will work with you to develop your skills in all aspects of ecology and consultancy through mentoring and a comprehensive internal training programme.
Our Newcastle office is attractively placed on the riverside with excellent transport links and local amenities.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include a flexible working policy, 25 days annual leave, private healthcare, company-funded social events and health and well-being benefits.
What we are looking for
You will have:
- Relevant professional ecological experience (2+ years full-time experience working in ecological consultancy)
- A broad ecological skill-set and, ideally, a protected species licences
- A working knowledge of current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication
- Some project management and client liaison skills
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A good BSc and / or MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
Why work for BSG Ecology?
- We are a multi-award winning, highly respected, industry leading consultancy with a strong reputation for technical ability amongst our clients and fellow professionals.
- All our ecologists have the opportunity to work on projects across a wide range of sectors including heritage, renewable energy, residential, leisure and minerals and with a diverse range of clients.
- We are committed to investing in training and career development. We have a structured programme of internal training for new starters that is complemented by additional external training and mentoring.
- Health and safety and staff wellbeing are at the forefront of everything we do. We recognise the importance of maintaining a good work life balance. We do this through careful resourcing of work, the implementation of robust TOIL policies and flexible working arrangements.
- We have sophisticated cloud-based project management and tailored GIS systems, allowing us to work across offices and remotely.
How to apply
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter telling us about yourself and what you feel you will bring to our team, to Rowena Scott-Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 22nd August 2022.