Basic Function of the post:
Identify novel, cost-effective measures and practices to protect and enhance biodiversity in agri-ecosystems. Identify and map biodiversity target project areas in a range of farming intensities and enterprises. Prepare manuscripts for publication and contribute to wider dissemination.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
- Evaluate the state of knowledge on measures to protect and enhance biodiversity within agri-ecosystems
- Identify novel measures and management techniques to protect and enhance biodiversity on Irish farms.
- Evaluate applicability and environmental impact of selected novel measures across a range of agricultural systems and production intensities in Ireland
- Identify appropriate catchment sites for inclusion in the FARM-ECOS project.
- Map and characterise sites in relation to habitats, farming management practices and land-use.
- Take part in the design and implementation of field work campaigns for two associated PhD studies.
- PhD in Environmental Science, Ecology, Zoology, Botany or a related discipline.
- Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years' post-PhD.
- Experience in systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Experience in setting own research agenda.
Further Information for Candidates
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae's as an application for a position. In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Tuesday 4th July 2017.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.