Location: UK either Edinburgh or North Wales
Apply by: 14-May-17
Details Eden Scott's client is a highly respected and firmly established Environmental and Planning Consultancy organisation with a network of offices in the UK providing technical, GIS and environmental / planning advice to a range of clients across a variety of industry sectors including renewable energy, residential development, commercial buildings and industrial. The team is also involved in master planning, infrastructure and minerals projects and is enjoying a period of growth and expansion.
An exciting career opportunity is available for a an ambitious and dynamic individual to lead the acoustics, noise and vibration service offering in the capacity of Technical Director - Acoustics and Noise. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to take on a senior strategic position within the business and to directly influence future direction.
The post-holder will work on projects for clients located across the UK from a base in either Edinburgh or North Wales and will be responsible for building on the company's success to date by further developing and growing the environmental noise and vibration division.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the ongoing success and development of the Acoustics and Noise department
- Developing business growth opportunities;
- Managing the delivery of projects and services in the areas of Acoustics and Noise;
- Effectively managing client expectations, being proactive and communicating well;
- Leading bids and tenders;
- Financial management including leading team budgeting and resourcing;
- Continually considering risks and prospects, highlighting opportunities and concerns to the senior leadership team; and
- Maintaining professional competence through appropriate CPD.
- There will also be an opportunity to manage and mentor junior staff.
- Degree qualified in Acoustics or a relevant subject
- Experience within the delivery of Environmental and Occupational Noise Impact Assessment and Acoustics related services within a consultancy organisation
- Sound commercial judgement with an ability to forge strong communicative relationships with new and existing clients.
- Around 10 years consultancy experience, with a particular focus in environmental noise and vibration;
- A thorough knowledge of current legislation and policy;
- Full membership of the Institute of Acoustics (IoA);
- Experience of client management together with evidence of growing revenue streams through a proactive approach to business development;
- Proven experience of delivering innovative solutions for clients across a range of Sectors;
- Project management skills;
- Commercial acumen with experience in preparing commercially driven proposals, as well as budget management;
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understand of the business development and marketing process
In return, our client offers a relaxed and professional working environment and a culture that promotes and encourages high performance through collaborative team work. You will benefit from having a real voice within the business and will play a key role in the strategic direction of not only the department but the company as a whole. In addition, you can expect a competitive basic salary and a range of benefits to include car allowance, 33 days annual holiday entitlement, pension scheme, bonus and life assurance.
To apply for the position, please email your CV and brief covering note to our retained recruitment partner for this appointment, Eden Scott, via email@example.com or contact Michael on 0131 550 1132 for a confidential discussion about the requirement.