Location: Bucharest, RO / Warsaw, PL
Contact: EIB - European Investment Bank
Salary: Excellent salary
The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its Secretariat General (SG) - Advisory Services - JASPERS Department (JASPERS) - Roads Division and Rail, Air and Maritime Division an Environment Specialists
Appointments will be made on a basis of a fixed term contract of 3 years with the possibility of prolongation
These posts are located in the JASPERS regional offices in Warsaw and Bucharest
JASPERS (Joint Assistance to Support Projects in European Regions) is a tri-lateral partnership between the European Commission (Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy), the EBRD and the EIB, with the aim of helping EU and Acceding Countries achieve better access to EU Grant Financing under the Cohesion and Structural Funds, with particular emphasis on providing technical assistance in the preparation of eligible infrastructure projects. In the context of the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) 2014-2020, a high expected workload in the transport sector, and with expansion in the scope of eligible countries and mandates, including the Connecting Europe Facility and the Instrument for Pre Accession II, JASPERS is seeking to identify suitable candidates for the present positions and future vacancies.
To assist, within a multidisciplinary team and in close cooperation with the European Commission Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy, partner IFIs, and the JASPERS Managers, in the areas described under Accountabilities.?To share his/her own knowledge and experience in the analysis and preparation of projects with other members of the team in order to enlarge the knowledge and competencies of the team. These vacancies are for experienced individuals, capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
These posts are located in the JASPERS regional offices in Warsaw and Bucharest. Successful applicants will be appointed to work as part of a team of economists, engineers, planners and environmental specialists in the Roads division and Rail, Air and Maritime division of JASPERS. They will report to the Head of Division and will be responsible for a portfolio of projects in JASPERS countries of operations. They will work closely with Managing Authorities and project promoters in their countries of responsibility on assignments attributed by the HoD.
- Advising on and assessing, at an early stage, the quality of potential projects and activities for inclusion into the Country Action Plans ?
- Managing and executing technical assignments for project preparation support and technical assistance to JASPERS' promoters on eligible projects within the Action Plan, in particular regarding compliance with the environmental acquis ?
- Provide technical inputs and analyses for the assessment of roads projects submitted for EC co- financing, including from CF, ERDF, CEF and IPA funds
The successful applicant(s) would be responsible for a broad range of support including:
- Advise on the conceptual development and structuring of projects and the analysis of alternatives, taking into account environmental considerations
- Advise on the specific aspects of projects such as compliance with the environmental acquis, mainly EIA, SEA and Habitat directives
- Review the key steps of implementation of the EIA/SEA procedures; quality of the screening exercise, scoping reports, public consultation process, consultation with other authorities and other Member States in case of transboundary EIA, etc.
- Review and control quality of the environmental impact statements, appropriate assessment etc.
- Advise on integrating climate change into analysis of environmental impact, climate change adaptation and mitigation needs and disaster resilience ?
- Assess compliance with EU environmental legislation and conformity with EU Environmental Policy
- Assist in the review, preparation or completion of applications for funding under the Cohesion Fund
- or the ERDF
- Develop, through the implementation of model projects, the dissemination of international best practice, and the skills needed to take advantage of EU-grants
- Address horizontal or thematic issues which are limiting fund absorption capability in the transport sector
- Share her/his own information and experience in the preparation of projects with other members of the team in order to enlarge the knowledge and competencies of the team;
- Support the activity of other EIA specialists in Regional offices ensuring a coordinated approach to EIA review process;
- Develop and maintain, in close co-ordination with the HoD, external contacts, including the corresponding units in the European Commission, public authorities and managing authorities in JASPERS countries of operations.
- Relevant University degree in environmental sciences or other domain relevant for the sector
- Minimum 5 years' of relevant professional experience. Longlisting preference will be given to more ?senior profiles.
- Experience in the implementation of EU EIA Directive, mainly preparing EIA reports for major ?infrastructure projects, NTS and/or reviewing EIA statements
- Experience in assessing and implementing Habitat Directives
- Familiarity with international best practice in her/his field of expertise
- Previous experience in a coordination role will be an advantage
- Knowledge of standard IT tools
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of one or more languages of the ?countries where JASPERS operates would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation's mission, policies and rules.
For more details, please go to https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 103930 to apply please use the
Deadline for applications: 17th April 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-Time, Luxembourg, Specialist, QA, Consulting, Environment Specialist