Department: Environmental Science Center
Office: Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies
The Environmental Science Center (ESC), Qatar University, is the oldest research institute in the country, hosting a team of international scholars conducting research and providing services in marine and environmental sciences and equipped with cutting-edge technologies including state-of-the art research vessel (Janan). The Center is looking for active air quality specialist to join his team who likes to work in the field and enjoy sharing knowledge and expertise with other colleagues working on the different components of the natural system of Qatar and the region.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties and responsibilities:
The candidate will be mainly responsible for:
- Conduct basic and applied air quality research including processes and variables.
- Conduct numerical simulations of the air quality in order to understand and predict any natural or induced changes.
- Gather data from sources such as fixed and mobile air stations, satellites, weather bureaus, and radar for use in air quality reports and predictions.
- Operate computer graphic equipment to produce air quality reports and maps for analysis, distribution, or use in EIA studies.
- Prepare predictions and briefings to meet the needs of industry, business, government, and other groups.
- Study and interpret data, reports, maps, photographs, and charts to predict long- and short-range changes in the quality of air, using computer models and knowledge of air pollutants and processes.
- Apply his knowledge to solve problems in areas related to air pollution control and mitigation methods.
- Consult and collaborate with agencies, professionals, or researchers interested in the air quality issues.
- Represent QU in committees, teams or task forces associated with air quality and air pollution regulations and prevention.
- Research and analyze the impact of industrial projects and pollution on climate, air quality, and weather phenomena.
- Teach courses in air quality and air pollution to the university students if needed.
- Ph.D. in air quality science or engineering
- At least 3 year of experience in a similar work environment
- The ability to use modelling software.
- University online application form;
- Curriculum vitae with cover letter;
- Preferably three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Color copy of educational qualification certificates, experience certificate and course certificates (if applicable).
- Competitive salary;
- Health insurance to the candidate and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies;
- 45 days of paid annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies;
- Furnished accommodation or housing allowance in accordance with accordance with QU HR policies;
- air tickets for the candidate and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies;
- Other Benefits may apply in accordance with QU HR policies;
To apply please send your CV and any relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org