Due to significant investment, we are looking to recruit an Environmental Modeller to assist the Site Development Team deliver projects in line with the development programme, involving new sites and optimisation of existing operations. Specifically, the postholder will carry out numerical (hydrodynamic) modelling to support environmental licence acquisition and ensure compliance with relevant environmental regulations. The postholder will develop the in-house modelling capabilities, to inform other areas of the business, and feed into industry technical working groups.
- Undertake depositional modelling and hydrodynamic modelling, as required, to deliver the development programme, particularly to support SEPA CAR and planning applications.
- Processing and analysis of environmental data for use in hydrodynamic models. Visualization of data using GIS and bespoke processing software.
- Develop in-house hydrodynamic modelling capabilities, including calibration and validation techniques.
- Provide advice and technical discussion both internally and externally in the application of numerical modelling approaches.
- Preparation of hydrographic and modelling reports to support SEPA CAR applications, and provide input to benthic reports as required.
- Assist in site feasibility assessments and project optimization through GIS mapping, constraints analysis, modelling (depositional, hydro-dynamic) and site assessment.
- Preparation and delivery of high standard applications, documents, reports, consultation documents and presentations as required
Your Skills & Experience:
- BSc or Postgraduate Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Environmental Modelling, Physical Oceanography, Applied Mathematics or other relevant field).
- Strong background in hydrodynamic process-based modelling, experience of state-of-the-art coupled modelling suites e.g. MIKE, WESTCOMS. Expert knowledge and experience of programming languages e.g. MATLAB, Java, Python, R. Knowledge of NewDepomod preferred.
- Excellent IT skills; competent in Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Evidence of strong numeric ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Experience in researching and writing high-quality reports.
- Able to self-motivate and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Able to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings/nights and be willing to travel.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Knowledge of marine aquaculture / other marine development and marine biology in Scotland.
- Experience of using GIS.
- Experience of handling large datasets.
- Experience of project management, including working with external contractors.
In addition to a competitive salary, with regular reviews, we offer many other benefits including:
- Enhanced relocation support
- Friends & family referral scheme
- Market leading pension scheme
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover - also for your spouse or partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
- Part of the Bakkafrost Group
- 600+ UK employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
With our head office in Scotland's capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands.
Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognising our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
How to Apply:
Please complete and return the application form available on our website or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Wednesday 27 April 2022.