Springer Nature is one of the world's leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The main objective of the Earth Science, Geography and Environment publishing unit (Books) is the maintenance and development of a publishing program related to the discipline of geosciences. The portfolio includes journals and books for the scientific community as well as for professionals.
Starting in June, 1st 2019 (fixed term, 12 months) we are seeking an
Associate Editor (f/m/d):
Earth Sciences, Geography & Environment
to be based in our office in Heidelberg (Germany).
- Maintaining an existing book-publishing program by using the in-house workflow and systems.
- Solicit, evaluate, and develop book proposals, including managing the external peer review process.
- Negotiate contract terms with authors.
- Assist authors with manuscript preparation as needed.
- Identifies and pro-actively responds to market trends and opportunities.
- Maintains a broad network in the geosciences.
- Attends conferences and meetings to foster effective relationships with the scientific community in order to generate proposals and recommendations for new projects and to keep up-to-date with scientific developments.
- Good communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong negotiating ability
- Ability to establish effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Good organizational and time management skills
- excellent written and spoken German and English skills
- Education on an academic level (MA/PhD) in geosciences (or related discipline)
- Experience in STM publishing
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Fixed term contract
- Working hours: full-time
- Company and location: Springer-Verlag GmbH, Heidelberg
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
We are looking forward to your online application using our online application system (SuccessFactors) stating your first possible date of joining and your salary expectations.
Your contact person is Ms Birgit Kolb, HR Director Heidelberg.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.