Basic Function of the post:
- Investigate application of Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) technology to create high resolution risk assessment tools to map surface and subsurface pollutant transfer, allowing cost-effective targeting of mitigation measures.
- Incorporate site specific multi-component attenuation and factors into these new risk maps.
- Use the risk maps to highlight attenuation opportunities not presently recognised.
- Publication and presentation of findings.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
- Design and manage new risk map structures, interpret and publish results in high ranked scientific journals and actively participate in report writing.
- Collate and harmonise ACP data applicable to the project.
- Perform pollutant modelling and assessment of mitigation measures.
- Produce a visual tool for improved catchment management.
- Participate in dissemination activities such as conferences, stakeholder meetings, open days, farm walks etc.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret research findings and prepare scientific and popular press publications.
- Disseminate research findings to a variety of audiences as appropriate.
- Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service Charter and action plan.
- Comply with all relevant Teagasc policies and procedures.
- Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
- Actively participate in the Teagasc Post Doctoral Fellowship programme and review processes, and to undertake all Post Doctoral fellowship training and associated duties as agreed in the Training & Development Plan.
- Take up additional duties as they may arise and be assigned by management.
This section outlines the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would be required to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed on how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
- PhD in environmental science or equivalent.
- Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years' post-PhD.
- Experience in modelling pollutant loss to water.
- Good knowledge of agriculture and European water policy.
Further Information for Candidates
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitaes as an application for a position. In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Tuesday 5th June 2018. Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.