Contract type: Temporary
Location: Preston PR2 2TZ, UK
Minimum experience: 6 months - 1 year
Duration: Not specified
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
About the Company
Total UK Limited is the 'Marketing & Services' affiliate of Total Group in the UK, operating at the end of the Oil & Gas supply chain selling specialty products (Bitumen, Special Fluids, Lubricants and Aviation Fuels) to both the private and public sectors.
Total is a French multinational integrated Energy group, part of the "Supermajor Six", and also one of the oldest petroleum companies in the world. Its businesses cover the entire oil and gas chain, from crude oil and natural gas exploration and production to power generation, transportation, refining, petroleum product marketing, and international crude oil and product trading. It is also a large-scale chemicals manufacturer and a leading investor in Solar and Biomass energies.
As we speak, Total Group is the 4th largest Oil & Gas and 2nd largest Solar Energy provider worldwide, making it one of the most productive companies in the world.
About the Role
This role is responsible for the safe running of the rail offloading, goods inwards, yard activities including waste control as well as assisting the production and maintenance activities where appropriate. They will also be responsible for ensuring that planned requirements are met while taking into account all aspects of Safety, Environment, Quality and Security. They will be working within a team environment with a competency based reward and recognition structure. This role reports to the Shift Manager on duty.
- Carry out the necessary processes and procedures as part of the Day Works Team to ensure that the planned production, rail receipts, goods inwards and general yard duties are carried out in a safe and effective manner.
- All activities and operations to be carried out following the written procedures / work instructions and with appropriate controls, supervision and monitoring so as prevent product spillages and ensure product containment at all times.
- Duties will include the following Core Activities: All activities relating to the reception, offloading and dispatch of all railcars.
- Carry out both blended and emulsion product loading
- Operate manufacturing process equipment - including (but not exclusively) the PMB and HDE Plants
- The cleaning and upkeep of all rail plant at Preston site
- Routine housekeeping and cleaning and tidying
- Daily inspections and the organisation of waste removal
- The provision of goods inwards and warehousing activities
- Issuing of PPE and other plant consumables from stores as well as updating the relevant records
- Receipt, control, issue of Raw Materials for production and lab use
- Provide assistance to the maintenance activities.
- Actively participate in the upkeep of the Company's accreditation of ISSSRS, ISO9001, ISO14001 and Sector Scheme 15.
- Comply with company regulations/standards with particular re gard to Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Security.
- Reporting of Near Miss, Incidents, Safety Concerns, Green Alerts and suspicious activity.
- Monitoring of third party Conduct and Safety
- To perform duties in a safe manner so as to prevent incidents, accidents and environmental incidents with particular emphasis of product containment and prevention of spillages.
- Follow procedures and instructions, work without direct supervision, be able to prioritise work load.
Specific Security Responsibilities incl:
- To identify and report any person not authorised or not expected to be in a particular area.
- To identify and report any person interfering with wagons carrying dangerous goods
- All specific task training is provided, including fork truck training where required.
- Communication skills, basic English, basic Maths, Basic IT skills.