Qualifications and Experience
A Masters degree in Recreation, Health Performance or related Disciplines. Post graduate qualification in Project Management, General Administration or a related field would be an asset.
Extensive experience with progressive responsibility in a recreation, sport or fitness environment. Managerial experience, especially in a University/College setting would be an advantage
- Develop, Implement and Monitor effective recruitment and retention plans for student athletes
- Develop research and testing capability to improve the performance of high performance athletes
- Promote sporting, fitness and recreational activities among the University community and ensure high participation levels among students and staff
- Plan, organize and implement intra and inter-campus events and competitions
- Select and train coaches, fitness instructors and event planners
- Supervise the coaching and support staff, including planning, managing and administering the department's budget, to insure operation with fiscal responsibility
- Plan, develop and execute the various aspects of the University's sports programme and advise on facilities and equipment needs
- Specify and purchase equipment, materials and consumables for sports facilities and events
- Develop and implement a planned maintenance programme for grounds, facilities and equipment
- Organize, direct, schedule and supervise sporting and recreational facilities focusing on effectiveness and safety
- Assure student and staff compliance with the University's recreational policies, procedures and guidelines
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with sponsors
- Prepare, submit and administer budgets for the University's sport, recreational and fitness programmes
- The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment.
- Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English is essential.
Candidates must also possess:
- The ability to interact positively with academic, technical and administrative staff within the Department, and within the University.
- Interpersonal and team-working skills
- Good Computer skills
Detailed application (two copies) and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I., Fax No. 1-868-663-9684; e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms can be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Job Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package can be obtained at the above address In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS 2017 AUGUST 20