Hours: Full Time (37 hours per week)
Job Location: West Bridgford, Nottingham
Closing Date: Friday 21st August 2020
Via currently has a fantastic opportunity to join our Environmental Management and Design Team as a Contaminated Land Consultant based at our offices in West Bridgford.
The successful candidate will provide specialist geo-environmental and contaminated land expertise, to support the delivery of environmental services and collaborative projects across the Consultancy.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide technical assessment and advisory services in contaminated land and environmental management to support delivery of projects that may be complex, large-scale to internal and external clients to achieve quality, programme and financial targets fulfilling legislative and technical requirements.
- Deliver site investigation and contaminated land projects which may be complex and significant for a range of internal and external clients to achieve quality, programme and financial targets fulfilling legislative and technical requirements.
- Adhere to Health and Safety and Quality management systems, processes and requirements ensuring full adherence to health, safety and environmental legislation, policy and best practice to protect people and the environment.
- Produce detailed technical reports informed by desk-based information and site investigation data on behalf of internal and external clients to achieve agreed outputs, identifying appropriate and innovative future options for site development.
- Provide specialist contaminated land planning support to Nottinghamshire County Council and other Planning Authorities including undertaking role of expert witness at planning/public inquiry, to ensure new development is compliant with legislation and national/local planning policies.
- Manage communication and liaison with clients and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including members of the public and elected Members to facilitate project delivery and maintain positive company reputation.
- Assist with training and development of junior staff to enable them to achieve their potential and deliver effective business results.
- Act as an ambassador for individual schemes and the Company across professional, business and community events and networks at local and regional level.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master's degree in Environmental Management/Contaminated Land or related subject, or a Bachelor's degree with equivalent knowledge gained through practical experience in a consultancy environment.
- Membership of a relevant professional body and evidence of ongoing CPD maintenance.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant, technical guidance, legislation and good practice appropriate to the contaminated land sector.
- Strong ICT skills including competence in specialist computer applications used to support contaminated land assessment; GIS and site investigation data management software.
- Proven experience of writing and reviewing technical reports including Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Intrusive Investigations, including a broad geotechnical understanding, detailed quantitative/qualitative risk assessment, human health risk assessments and remediation strategies.
- Experience of providing information, communicating and working collaboratively with internal and external customers, stakeholders and colleagues to achieve delivery objectives.
- Experience of managing projects to meet financial and programme targets.
- Knowledge of procurement practices, including forms of tender and conditions of contract.
- A high level of personal drive and commitment to excellent customer care and the ability to set an example to other staff.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
We are a major employer in Nottinghamshire with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff based at a number of different locations throughout the county.
Via's design consultancy provides a full design and consultancy service across a range of different areas, including highway design, asset maintenance and environmental management & design. We combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus, and we are passionate about innovation and creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands.
Via's a great place to work if you value work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous annual leave allowances, with flexible working available to our office-based staff. With the majority of our work being based in the East Midlands, our staff also enjoy short journeys to site each working day.
Our staff get access to a wide range of benefits. These include an excellent pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, buying and selling of annual leave and much more
By joining us you will be part of a growing organisation with great staff benefits that positively embraces customer and community aspirations
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21st August 2020. If you would like to discuss informally or have any queries regarding the role then please contact David Collins on Tel: 0115 9774460 email: email@example.com