Program Officer, Supply Chain Footprint - 13015
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Officer to be responsible for engaging companies on their supply chain impacts, especially scope three greenhouse gas emissions and water risks associated with the production and sourcing of raw materials derived from agriculture and forestry operations. The Program Officer will be responsible for research and project management tasks related to evaluating GHG and water impacts including working with companies to develop mitigation of risks and reduction of GHG emissions. These projects will help WWF deliver its conservation mission by transforming business practices, championing sustainable solutions, and leveraging corporate assets for broader reach.
I. Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and prepare background materials for WWF's private sector work, with an emphasis on scope three GHG emissions, water footprint and water risk, assists with program and project management by developing, implementing, coordinating and supervising projects related to calculating water footprint. This work will include updating data in the footprint tool that WWF has created, updating the methodology of the tool, and other potential activities.
- Engage private sector stakeholders via phone, email, in-person meetings on strategies to reduce GHG emissions in supply chains, engage within company business units, develop tools and analyses, etc.
- Prepare and provide concise and compelling presentations to corporate and NGO audiences on reducing GHG emissions and engaging in water stewardship, support fundraising activities, including developing and editing proposal narratives, represent WWF at relevant events and conferences related to business and climate change, GHG emissions, agriculture, GHG reporting and reductions, water risk, water stewardship, etc.
- Travel, domestic and potentially international, will be required to visit project sites, monitor and evaluate progress and report as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
II. Working Relationships
- Internal: Daily contact with project staff including Business and Industry team, agriculture team, freshwater team, and carbon team to advise and coordinate project activities or to obtain and disseminate information.
- External: Interacts regularly with representatives of Sodexo and potentially with other companies; interaction with other WWF National Offices and associate organizations and consultants; communicates with representatives of conservation organizations.
III. Minimum Requirements
- Education/Experience: A Bachelors degree or related experience in Environmental Science/Management, Economics, Business or a related field is required. A minimum of 4 years in program management and experience in business, environment, public policy, or a related field is also required.
Knowledge of climate change, carbon footprints; especially scope 3 emissions, agriculture, and freshwater is preferred. Masters in Business Administration, Environmental Science or a related field is also preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills, especially in the fields of agriculture and environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
- Good interpersonal skills
To apply for the job please visit http://www.worldwildlife.org/careers, job #13015 and submit cover letter and resume. Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
AA/EOE Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.