- Conduct scientific research and contribute to sustainable development
- Conduct innovative research and deliver impact on the ground
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO's Agriculture and Food is seeking to appoint an Agribusiness Sustainability Scientist.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist to work in a strategic growth area amongst a highly influential and well-connected group of scientists and impact practitioners.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches.
Your duties will include:
- Develop novel, science-based solutions and approaches in consultation with industry that are adopted or used to drive the Sustainable Development Goals while enhancing social licence in the face of environmental impact and resource challenges.
- Develop CSIRO business (and revenue) via bi-lateral or multi-lateral partnerships by developing relationships with Australian and international agribusinesses to develop understanding of sustainability challenges.
- Contribute to policy development in the area of agriculture and sustainable development by engaging with multiple levels of government in Australia and internationally.
- Guide agribusiness on pathways and approaches to sustainable development performance benchmarking and best management practice through relationships with industry, NGOs and government forums.
- Contribute to national and international agenda and advise industry, communities and governments as a key influencer in the area of agribusiness sustainability.
Location: St Lucia, Brisbane QLD
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent industry or research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as agriculture, management sciences, economics, environmental science or similar.
- Expertise and credentials in one or more of value chain analysis, business risk analysis, life cycle assessments, corporate social responsibility reporting and vulnerability assessment at the business, enterprise and/or sector scale.
- Understanding of the drivers, trends, opportunities and constraints on agriculture and agribusiness particularly in relation to climate change, environmental impact and social licence.
- Evidence of an ability to work with customers to identify risks and problems and co-create solutions.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 17 May 2020, 11:00 pm AEST