As a federal company, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
The Cameroon country package forms part of the global programme entitled Green Innovation Centres for the Agriculture and Food Sector, and of the ONE WORLD - No Hunger special initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Its objective is to contribute to sustainable rural development in selected regions of Cameroon through innovations in the agriculture and food sector. The central approach of the project is to strengthen farmers' organisations and associations. Broader application of tried-and-tested innovations will enhance yields and quality in the priority value chains (potatoes, cocoa and poultry), thereby boosting incomes for small agricultural businesses and micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and creating more employment opportunities in the local agriculture and food sector. Opportunities for women and young people will also be improved, particularly with regard to (youth) employment in upstream and downstream sectors.
The project is implemented in three core modules: (1) local innovation systems to strengthen producer communities and service providers; (2) skills development to embed innovations in the national state and private sector training system; and (3) promoting sustainable agribusiness through the creation of service networks in the area of seeds and planting stock or as contractors for agricultural machinery.
- Taking responsibility for the overall management of the Cameroon country package and its contribution to achieving the objectives of the Green Innovation Centres for the Agriculture and Food Sector global programme
- Managing the coherent implementation of all local project activities in consultation with the steering unit in Germany and with the country package Promotion of Agricultural Finance forAgri-based Enterprises in Rural Areas
- Supporting the cluster coordinator in launching the new priority area of rural development in Cameroon
- Coordinating activities with other projects in the priority area of rural development and with other relevant development cooperation projects in Cameroon
- Advising the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries, umbrella and sectoral associations and relevant private sector andnon-state stakeholders on the development and integration of agricultural innovations in the cocoa, potato and poultry value chains and on agricultural training
- Ensuring the conceptual development and implementation of the project in Cameroon in accordance with the new global programme design, as well as in agreement and synergy with the new development cooperation programme in the priority area of rural development
- Undertaking gender-sensitive results monitoring and reporting to the global programme's steering unit in Germany
- Representing the GIZ project within the cluster and externally as part of the cluster, managing human resources for international and national project staff, and budgetary planning and management
- University degree in agricultural sciences or agricultural economics, vocational training in agriculture and/or in a related discipline with a focus on rural development and agriculture
- Extensive professional experience in international cooperation in rural areas, preferably in francophone sub-Saharan Africa
- Several years' professional experience in management, in particular budgetary planning and management, and in implementing complex agricultural projects as part of international cooperation and/or development cooperation
- Several years' professional experience in GIZ commission management and team leadership
- Initial professional experience in innovation-oriented agricultural advisory services, preferably in promoting the private sector and value chains and in policy advice
- Highly developed communication skills with a range of different groups (partners, private sector companies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), farmers' associations) in a politically sensitive context
- Strong intercultural and political awareness, diplomatic skills and a confident manner
- Business fluency in German, both oral and written, and good language skills in French and English
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 09/08/2019.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=42406
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1473V024.