Leadership, Development and Strategic Management of the Crops, Environment and Land-Use Programme. The role involves extensive liaison with policy makers, other state agencies, farm representative bodies and other organisations and businesses operating in the agri-food sector. It also involves developing relevant relationships outside of Ireland in the EU and beyond. The Head of Programme also participates in the operation of the overall Teagasc Research Directorate as a member of its Leadership Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding scientific leadership to Teagasc's Crops, Environment and Land-Use Programme
- Leading, planning and implementing relevant research and knowledge transfer programmes of high scientific quality and national relevance that meet organisational goals and objectives by proactively engaging in the annual business planning process.
- Ensure that research output is of the highest quality and is disseminated in the most effective manner including in peer reviewed scientific journals as well as scientific conferences and technical and popular press.
- Lead in the development and evaluation of knowledge transfer programmes and strategies for the benefit of the industry and foster effective linkages with the Knowledge Transfer Directorate.
- Proactively promote the development of staff in the Programme, ensure strong two way communication, and actively participate in the annual Performance Management Development System (PMDS) process.
- Foster a culture of excellence and a spirit of teamwork, innovation and responsiveness to industry needs among staff.
- PhD in Crop or Environmental Science or in another relevant discipline.
- While a PhD is an essential requirement for this post, equivalent experience may be deemed acceptable solely at the discretion of the Director of Teagasc.
- 5 to 10 years' experience managing or leading relevant research/ knowledge transfer programmes or teams
- A post graduate qualification in leadership, management or administration
How to Apply
Please review the Application Process on pages 6-8 of the booklet for this position on the Teagasc Website.
An Application Form for this post can be accessed on the Teagasc website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The completed Application Form and supporting documentation should be submitted to Duncan Gruselle at this email address: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The relevant reference code and job title should be clearly stated in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer and is seeking to attract a balanced pool of candidates. Canvassing will disqualify.