To develop, lead and manage a research programme on modelling grass growth and nutrient use efficiency of Irish pasture-based systems of ruminant with particular emphasis on:
- Grazing management & N-fertilization.
- Soil type and environmental variables.
- Pasture composition.
- Soil fertility P, K, S and soil pH.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, lead and manage a research programme on modelling grass growth and nutrient use efficiency.
- Assist in the development of grassland decision support systems using modern telecommunication technologies.
- Develop and maintain active collaborative contacts with other national and international individuals and research institutes.
- Supervise, in conjunction with University partners, postgraduate students to Masters and PhD level.
- Interpret and publish research results in the scientific and popular press, at conferences (nationally and internationally) and to stakeholders.
Candidates must have a QQI Honours Level 8 degree in Agricultural Science, Plant Science or a related discipline.
A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in grassland science.
HOW TO APPLY
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be typed, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 9th January 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.