GAF AG is a globally operating company with leading expertise in the development of geo-information products and services. Since its founding in 1985, the company has developed a broad geoscience portfolio. With more than 200 highly qualified employees we offer geo-data, data processing, geographic information systems, database applications, software development, consulting and project management as well as development assistance.
For its headquarters in Munich GAF AG seeks a self-driven, results-oriented and highly motivated senior professional with relevant working experience for our multidisciplinary international team to support the management and further development of our Earth Observation / Copernicus project activities.
Activities envisaged to be taken over by the applicant:
- Coordination of projects and implementation of project tasks in the Earth Observation / Copernicus domain,
- in close cooperation with international partner companies/institutions and the customer(s)
- Technical and organizational interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams and production units
- Regular reporting of project results towards the customer by means of progress reports and technical deliverables
- Support in new acquisition of upcoming Earth Observation / Copernicus opportunities
- Customer care and opportunity development
- Ready to travel, also to international destinations
What to expect:
- A job in one of Europe's leading geo-service companies with 200+ employees
- An inspiring, informal and collaborative workplace in the heart of Bavaria
- A young team of motivated, international and interdisciplinary colleagues
- A wide range of client sectors and project scopes
- Working with some of the biggest and most innovative players in the market
- A highly professional team of colleagues with a wide range of capabilities
- Own fields of responsibility and the chance to shape your own career
- Flexible working hours within the conditions of our flexitime scheme
- Educational background: MSc. degree (or equivalent) in geography, GIS, remote sensing, or similar
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience
- Proven track experience in remote sensing, digital image processing /interpretation, GIS applications and land cover/land use mapping
- Relevant experience in Copernicus Land Monitoring
- Experience in project management and task coordination
- Management of interdisciplinary and international project teams
- Very good skills in presenting project results and with the documentation of project reports
- Excellent command of English
- Good command of at least one additional language (German, French, Spanish)
- Proven good reporting and communication skills
- Autonomous and self-responsible working as well as team working skills
The following additional skills are an advantage:
- Relevant experience in other Copernicus domains
- Working experience with ESA, EC, IFI's e.g. World Bank
- Broad previous exposure to other geo-information services
- Good command of German
- Experience in EO-based product validation / thematic accuracy assessment / geo-statistics
- Experience in project acquisition and supporting proposal management
From earliest possible date.
Position for 2 years with an initial probation period of 6 months; option for subsequent indefinite contract.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV along with an indication of expected yearly salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the keyword "Project Manager Earth Observation / Copernicus Services 2018" in the header of your e-mail.
phone.: +49 (0) 89 12 15 28-0
Arnulfstr. 199 - 80634 Munich