Field of activity
MEADEN (Study Mission for the Planning and Development of the North Region) is a regional planning institute placed under the supervision of MINEPAT (Ministry for Economic Development, Planning and Territorial Development). MEADEN is responsible for the detailed planning and land use planning of the region. Furthermore, in the strategy for implementation of PASGIRAP (Support Programme for the Securing and integrated management of Agropastoral Resources), MEADEN was entrusted with the implementation of the first component Concertation at the regional level. The main objective of the Technical Assistant's mission is to support MEADEN in the concertation and coordination of planning and land use activities in the North region in order to optimize land use and to mitigate conflicts related to land use.
- Provide support in liaising with relevant sectoral ministries and their devolved services on the alignment and cooperation of regional planning activities and land use planning services;
- Support MEADEN in the coordination of the various regional planning and land use planning projects the institution is involved in, including PASGIRAP, PNDP, and the Regional Land Use Plan of the North Region (Schéma Régional d'Aménagement de la Région Nord);
- Cooperate closely with MEADEN's spatial planning unit (GIS) in the collection of spatial / georeferenced information from the various partner institutions / projects;
- Communicate the spatial strategies to the respective partners and assist them to include them in their specific strategy and implementation activities;
- In cooperation with MEADEN's GIS unit build the capacity of the partners' in the different ministries / institutions to analyse spatial data and promote the exchange of geographical information between regional and communal services (PADER partner councils) using GIS QGIS software;
- Advise councils supported by GIZ- Rural Development Project (PADER) in the development of their Local Land Use Planning and Sustainable Development Plans (PLADDT) in connection with PNDP (National Participatory Development Programme);
- Strengthen the links with regional offices of relevant Ministries involved in planning and services for the exchange of regional development data (e.g. livestock, land use and yields of different crops, market information, etc.);
- Capitalise on and share lessons learned as part of the scaling up of experiences;
- Assist the PADER Coordinator in Garoua in advising and providing support to MINEPAT and the planning authority MEADEN.
You offer the following qualifications
- University degree in geography, forestry, rural sociology, agronomy, environment;
- Experience in negotiation and reconciliation of the interests of the various stakeholders regarding the use and management of natural resources;
- Working experience with devolved state services and inter-professions, with capacity building of local stakeholders (conflict management, participatory mapping, etc.);
- Experience in the development of awareness and communication tools; Basic knowledge in spatial and land use planning;
- Fluent in French, good knowledge of English; Mastery of the German is an asset;
- Proficiency in the use of GIS software (ArcGIS, Spatial Analyst, QGIS) and their applications in spatial/regional planning will be of advantage.
For more information please visit: http://j.mp/GIZ33490a