- We will accept applications only from suitably qualified women under section 47 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984
- An exciting & rare opportunity to collaborate with government & industry through the National Drilling Initiative in the MinEx Cooperative Research Centre (MinEx CRC)
- Play a key role in The University of Adelaide's mineral exploration teaching and research program
The Faculty of Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. As the first university in Australia to grant degrees in science (1882), science has long been at the cornerstone of the institution and this continues today. As a research and education leader in fields such as agriculture, food & wine, animal & veterinary sciences, biological sciences, and physical sciences, the Faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment.
The School of Physical Sciences is one of four Schools in the Faculty of Sciences. Located at the University's North Terrace campus, the School brings together the internationally recognised contemporary disciplines of chemistry; earth science; and physics, delivering undergraduate and postgraduate education, training and research with both national relevance and global outreach and networks in the public and private sectors.
The School is excited to invite applications from suitably qualified women to join us as an Internally Grant Funded Researcher in mineral systems geoscience in our Department of Earth Sciences.
The successful candidate will contribute to the School's involvement in the National Drilling Initiative within the MinEx CRC (https://minexcrc.com.au/program-three-national-drilling-initiative/) in the area of mineral systems research and teach (20% of the position) in relevant areas within the Department of Earth Sciences. This will include project development and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students. You will conduct high quality research in geoscience and collaborate within the School's research programs with opportunities to work alongside leading researchers across The University.
A variety of flexible working arrangements are available for the successful candidate.
The University of Adelaide is committed to proactively address cultural and structural impediments to equity throughout the organisation. In order to grow and strengthen the talent pipeline, our Dornwell Framework established in 2015 pledged to actively source and encourage more women into our recruitment processes. The women-only requirement for this role is a lawful special measure under section 47 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
For more information about gender equity initiatives at the University of Adelaide please visit www.adelaide.edu.au/gender-equity-diversity.
Salary: (Level A) $85,307 to $91,425 or (Level B) $96,135 to $113,788 per annum, commensurate with experience.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term three year contract is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- PhD or equivalent degree (or thesis submitted) in earth sciences
- Demonstrated research capability in at least one of the following: tectonics, geochemistry, geochronology, thermochronology, petrology, metamorphic or igneous geology, ore geology, mineral systems geology
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research in addition to working effectively as a member of a research team
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with professional and industry bodies, government and members of the community.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application.
If you have any queries with regards to the application process for this position, please contact Michelle Carter, HR Officer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor Karin Barovich, telephone: +61 8 831 33870 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 11:55pm, 23 September 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.