Badley Geoscience Ltd, a leading geoscience software house and consultancy with an office in Lincolnshire, UK, is expanding its team and is looking to appoint a dedicated structural geologist.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recently graduated M.Sc./Ph.D. to join an accomplished team in delivering best in class consultancy and training services to an international client base. The position will be based in Hundleby, Lincolnshire and will involve international travel.
- to provide expert consultancy/training to existing and prospective international clients, both remotely from the Lincolnshire office and in person at locations worldwide.
- to provide expert support and geological advice to our software users and our regional technical representatives.
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and will be given ample opportunity to develop technical and commercial skills in a number of areas, and in particular will be expected to
- become expert in using our flagship software T7/TrapTester (full training provided)
- become expert in seismic interpretation, structural analysis, fault seal analysis, geomechanical analysis and prospect evaluation (as above)
- be responsible for scientific reporting and delivery of results
- assist in the technical marketing and development of new business areas
- provide technical quality assurance
- contribute to the global promotion of Badleys
Experience and skills
- a Ph.D. specializing in structural geology
- or an M.Sc. with interest in structural geology, industry experience beneficial
- a knowledge of seismic interpretation and use of seismic interpretation software
- excellent time/project management skills and enthusiasm to meet client expectations and deadlines is essential
- excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- a drive for self-progression and professional development
A salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience is offered for the position. Interested parties should send a CV and covering letter to Sarah Desmond at email@example.com quoting ref: SGJ20A
Application closing date 30 September 2020