A time limited postdoc position focused on near-surface geophysical characterization of reservoir rocks is now open at Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management (IGN), Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen. The position is open for two years starting 1 March 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The main focus will be on inferring key rock physical parameters (e.g. porosity) from geophysical interpretation of crosshole and surface-based methods, including ground-penetrating radar, electrical, and seismic methods. These studies may be linked to geological data such as core samples. Specific tasks will include: 1) optimization of imaging techniques; 2) time-lapse fluid flow experiments for imaging of preferred flow path ways.
The study is part of a larger interdisciplinary effort focused on reservoir characterization of rocks that are analogous to hydrocarbon reservoirs in the North Sea. The candidate will thus collaborate with other postdocs as well as PhD students in geophysics and geology. The other core group members are employed at IGN, the Natural History Museum and the Niels Bohr Institute at the Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen. The study is financed by a grant from the Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre (DHRTC) located at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). Thus, the research activities will be carried out in close collaboration with a group of researchers at University of Copenhagen, as well as with researchers from the DHRTC.
The postdoc's duties will include research within near-surface geophysical characterization of reservoir rocks as well as teaching. The post may also include performance of other duties.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should hold a PhD in geophysics or a related research field. A strong background in waveform analysis, inversion techniques and field work experience are considered advantageous.
Further information on the Department is linked at http://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/departments . Inquiries about the position can be made to professor Lars Nielsen ( email@example.com ) or associate professor Majken Looms ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
- The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- The starting salary is currently up to DKK 408,730 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 69,893). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vita
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan - description of current and future research plans
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2017, 23:59 GMT +1.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process .
Interviews will be held in week 6 2017.