The department of Applied Geology is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer with an expertise in:
- Petroleum Geology/Geophysics/Computational Geoscience.
- Structural Geology/Tectonics and Basin Analysis (Seismic Interpretation)
In this role, you will make significant contributions to teaching and research and will be involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision.
You will be responsible for the organization and delivery of teaching and assessment; conducting lectures and tutorials; coordination and management of units, providing continuous feedback to students; academic counselling of students; participating in staff development activities; conducting quality research; attract competitive research grants and playing an active role in service and leadership.
Please refer to the Academic Role Statement for further details on what this role entails.
- A doctoral qualification in Geology/Applied Geology/Structural Geology/Petroleum Geology /Geophysics/Computer Geology.
- Able to teach and research in Petroleum Geology/Geophysics/Computational Geoscience/Structural Geology/Tectonics/Basin Analysis (Seismic interpretation)
- A demonstrated record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in teaching.
- In general, teaching responsibilities will include teaching Fundamentals of Geology, Field Geology Techniques, Geological field mapping of Sedimentary basins. It is a requirement to have a comprehensive Geological and Geophysical computer competency and the ability to supervise Petroleum Geology Projects.
- Ability and willingness to participate in interdisciplinary teaching as required by the Faculty.
- Demonstrated experience and record of supervising higher degree research students.
- An established record of research output/creative works in high quality refereed academic journals/outlets consistent with the discipline.
- A demonstrated record of ability to develop proposals for research funding, to design research projects and to lead and develop a research team.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and presentation skills in the English language.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to the development of a collegial and supportive working environment and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
- Contribute to an active role in academic service and proven evidence of effective leadership within the department/faculty level as appropriate to the level of appointment.
To assist the selection committee with the selection process, applicants must address all the criteria listed in the Selection Criteria. Each selection criterion must be addressed separately. Applicants are requested to provide his/her updated full CV (curriculum vitae), together with evidence of their ability to meet each criterion, using examples of previous experience wherever possible.