The successful candidate is expected to make a significant contribution to the research and education strengths of the Faculty based on his/her expertise. The role involves undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision; mentoring early career researchers, attracting high quality postgraduate students and external research grants.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the organization and delivery of teaching materials and assessment plans; conducting lectures, tutorials, practical classes and lab experiments; coordination and management of units, providing continuous feedback to students; counseling of students; and participating in staff development activities.
The appointment will be made at a level appropriate to the successful applicant's academic qualifications, teaching and learning experience, and verifiable track record in the areas of Research and Development and industrial collaboration.
To assist the selection committee with the selection process, applicants must address all the criteria listed in the selection criteria below. Each selection criteria must be addressed separately. Applicants are requested to provide evidence of their ability to meet each criterion, using examples of previous experience wherever possible.
- PhD qualifications related to Geology (Applied, Structural, Petroleum, Computer Geology and Geophysics).
- Demonstrated ability to teach and research in :
- Petroleum Geology/Geophysics/Computational Geoscience or
- Structural Geology/Tectonics and Basin Analysis (Seismic Interpretation).
- Experience and ability in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In general, teaching responsibilities will include teaching Fundamentals of Geology, Field Geology Techniques, Geological field mapping of Sedimentary basins, and must have a comprehensive Geological and Geophysical computer competency and the ability to supervise Petroleum Geology Projects.
- Teaching requirements will include preparation and delivery of lectures, field trips, tutorials and laboratory sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage academic and research affairs in a dynamic and complex educational and research environment in Applied Geology/Geophysics and Petroleum Geology.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a latest resume which includes addressing the selection criteria, a covering letter, names and contact details of at least two referees and certified copies of your academic credentials.
For write-in application, please forward your applications to:
Staffing Management Section,
Human Resource Department,
Curtin University Sarawak,
CDT 250, 98009 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)