We seek a highly motivated candidate for an interdisciplinary project on biogeochemistry of ground- and surface waters using aqueous chemistry and stable isotopes of dissolved and particulate carbon as well as dissolved oxygen. Studies will take place on open water systems including hydropower dams, lakes and rivers as well as in shallow groundwater systems. In addition, laboratory experiments with algae and metal oxides for industrial production will be carried out.
Project objectives include establishment of oxygen and carbon dynamics in various water systems with determination of sources and sinks of oxygen and carbon including quantification of respiration and photosynthesis as well as atmospheric exchange.
- Participation in an interdisciplinary research group
- A vibrant academic environment
- Well-equipped stable isotope and geochemical laboratories
- Master degree (or equivalent) in Natural Sciences
- Strong interest in geochemistry, biology and chemisty
- Willingness to carry out fieldwork in Germany and overseas
- Ability to independently develop experimental approaches
- Enthusiasm for scientific writing
- Scientific results are expected to be published in international journals and the candidate should also present results on conferences
- A valid EU rivers licence (B) would be an advantage.
Starting date is as soon as possible. The salary is TVL E13 up to 65 % together with health and social security benefits for 3 years (i.e. net salary between 1400 and 1600 Euro). Please address further questions and applications (cover letter, motivation statement, CV, academic transcripts & certificates, publication list and contact details of referees) in one coherent PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th of June 2017.