We are a partner in the GAB (Geothermal Alliance Bavaria) funded by the State of Bavaria, a research group that is looking at deep Geothermal Systems in Bavaria and have an open postdoc postion for 3 years in Erlangen.
The candidate is thought to develop a reservoir model of Jurassic Carbonates and compare petrophysical, geomechanical and structural parameters of reservoir analogues with 3D seismic cubes of the Molasse basin. Aquisition of data includes field-work in quarries, sampling, photogrammetry via drones, taking structural petrophysical and hydraulical measurements. Several 3D seismic cubes are then used to determine representative values in the reservoir. The aim is to compare and quantify analogue quarries with 3D seismic in order to identify high-permeability zones and their distribution in the reservoir. In addition, the usage of the Amplitude versus offset (AVO) methods is supposed to be established for the carbonate reservoir.
Knowledge and skills of the candidate
- Good knowledge of petrophysics of carbonates; MSc/PhD in Geosciences
- Experience in reservoir modelling
- Experience in running and interpreting petrophysical analysis in the laboratory and field
- Experience in the interpretation of 3D-seismics, especially AVO
- Building up a petrophysical and structural database for the reservoir rocks.
- Petrophysical analysis of samples in the laboratory (Hassler Cell, Porosimeter, Permeability etc.)
- Optimization of existing equipment, develop concept for the acquisition of additional equipment
- Integration of statistically verified Data in Petrel-Reservoirmodels.
- Planning, leading/supervising petrophyscial measurement campaigns in the field
- Execution and analysis of hydraulical tests
- Extensive literature review in partly German reports with regional focus.
- Timely writing of reports and presentation of results
- Publication of Results in international journals
- Preparation of additional grant applications within the project.
- self-sufficient and can efficiently lead field campaigns.
- able to develop a deep understanding of the local geology
- working closely with the working group
- willing to support the group in other associated projects
- willing to take over roles in administration and management
- You have a valid car licence.
- the possibility to undertake a variety of tasks in a large international and dynamic team
- the use of a large petrophysical and microanalytical laboratory
- Nice working environment in Erlangen's Schloßgarten: https://www.geoenergy.nat.fau.de/
- The project is funding until 31.12.2024.
- Application (CV, Certificates, Publication-list and motivation letter) via Email to the address below (one PDF, max. 5 MB) until the 10th of September 2021.
- There are no refunds for the application process.
- The working place is not necessarily ideal for severely disabled persons, since the working place (especially the field work) is not barrier free. Severely disabled persons will be considered preferably.
- The University of Erlangen-Nürnberg supports the equality of women and we would like specifically encourage female applicants to apply.
Prof. Dr. Harald Stollhofen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Dr. Daniel Köhn (email@example.com)