Location: Offshore / Portchester, Hampshire, UK
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
Closing Date: 02 March 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for marine geophysicists to join Fugro, one of the world's leading global hydrographic and geophysical survey companies.
Based either offshore (Europe) and / or in the Fugro office in Portchester (UK);
- If based in the Portchester office, there will be some periods of offshore time required. Offshore periods will be between four to six weeks at a time. Shorter periods away from the Portchester office may also be required, for example during vessel mobilisations or at remote processing locations;
- If based offshore, period of time offshore will be four to six weeks. Occasional short periods each year, will also be required in the Fugro office in Portchester. In order to conduct training and periodic progress reviews.
Both graduate and experienced candidates are welcome to apply.
- To collect, quality check and process shallow seismic data, including sub-bottom profile systems such as boomer, pinger, chirp and sparker systems;
- To collect, quality check and process sidescan sonar and magnetometer data, including UXO data processing and interpretation;
- Undertake interpretation of seismic data to provide our clients with detailed geological information;
- Assist with equipment maintenance
- Undertake offshore surveys, including assistance with vessel mobilisations, when required;
- Undertake and assist in the production of technical reports;
- Operate in accordance with all Fugro QHSE procedures and work instructions;
- Assist with project management and survey planning, when required.
We are pleased to offer:
- An opportunity for training and career progression within Fugro;
- The chance to work in challenging environment committed to individual professional development;
- Being part of an exciting company at the forefront of marine geophysical survey work and consultancy.
To apply and for more details please visit: https://www.fugro.com/careers/search-for-vacancies/apply/view?vacancyId=3235