The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national Research Centre for Geosciences in Germany and a member of the Helmholtz Association.
In the framework of TIPTIMON we are seeking a candidate for a
interested in studying landslide and mass movement processes in seismotectonically active mountain regions by means of experimental and numerical simulation.
TIPTIMON (Tien Shan-Pamir Monitoring Program) is a joint research program planned to be funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to investigate Late Cenozoic geodynamics, climate interactions and resulting hazards in Central Asia. The program involves partners from the Helmholtz Centre Potsdam, GFZ, the Technical University Bergakademie Freiberg, the Universities of Potsdam and Tübingen and the Senckenberg Natural History Collections Dresden.
- Developing experimental and numerical Simulation methods for studying the landslide process.
- Integration and analysis of regional geophysical, geomorphological, geological and hydro/-meteorological data.
- Presentation and publication of results at international platforms
- M.Sc. or a German "Diplom" or an equivalent degree in earth sciences with solid mathematical background or alternatively in other natural/engineering sciences or mathematics with a strong geoscientific background/interest.
- Experience in experimental and numerical Simulation of Geoprocesses (beneficial)
Applications should include a resume/CV, M.Sc./Dipl. thesis (abstract or full text), copies of credentials and certificates and the names and addresses of at least two advocates and/or two reference letters. If your native language is neither English nor German, you should submit a proof of your English and/or German language proficiency.
Date: 01 April 2012 (subject to final grant approval)
Duration: 3 (2+1) years (subject to final grant approval)
Salary: TVÖD EG13 (50%) (subject to final grant approval)
Contact: Dr. Matthias Rosenau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application period: Evaluation will begin two weeks from appearance of the advert and continues until the position is filled (preferentially by February 2012).
The partner institutions are equal opportunity / affirmative action employers and encourage applications from qualified female candidates. Handicapped applicants will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
Please submit your applications, stating the Reference No. 83/3/11 D, by email to email@example.com.