Taupo, New Zealand
We are seeking an experienced geophysicist to join the expanding geothermal team at GNS Science (Wairakei Research Centre, Taupo). The successful candidate will contribute his or her specialist research skills to our domestic and international exploration and field evaluation geothermal projects, ongoing funded geoscience research programmes and client services. The position requires a high level of understanding and application of geophysical methods to geothermal systems and a strong interest and ability in applied consultancy and research.
The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD in geophysics (or physics, possibly heat transfer engineering).
- Background in some of the following: thermal IR, surface heat transfer, surface geothermal expression quantification, gravity, electrical methods, geothermal resource evaluation.
- High level mathematical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in GIS and mapping systems.
- Demonstrated communication skills both written and oral are required.
- The role in time will require staff management.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals and attain contracts for applied consultancy and research.
- Ability to work and collaborate within multidisciplinary research teams.
- Willingness to work offshore or in field situations.
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday, 20 May 2012.
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees.