The newly established College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences (CPG) at the King Fahd University of Petroleum &
Minerals (KFUPM) in Dhahran (Saudi Arabia) invites outstanding candidates to apply for full-time positions as Assistant/
Associate/Full Professors, Postdoctoral Research Associates, or PhD students in the following research areas:
- Structural Geology/Tectonics
- Siliciclastic Sedimentology/Petrology
- Isotope Geochemistry
- Numerical Modeling
- Basin Modeling/Tectonics
- Petrology/Mineralogy/Mineral Deposits
Additional information on each position identified above is given below:
- Scientist with a PhD or equivalent experience in one ofthe sub-disciplines of structural geology and/or tectonics.
- Scientist with PhD or equivalent experience in siliciclastic sedimentology/petrology.
- Scientist specializing in isotope geochemistry. We seek a candidate who utilizes elemental and isotope geochemistry
as a research tool to investigate problems in low temperature sedimentary geochemistry. We have particular interest
in a researcher whose analytical expertise are complementary to those of KFUPM faculty and who utilizes, for
example,isotopes of Ca, Mg, Fe, Sr or others and/or has expertise in U/Th, U/Pb, Pb/Pb or dating of carbonates and
sedimentary minerals. The successful candidate will be part of a team developing a state ofthe science facility
dedicated to the analysis of elemental and isotope chemistry and is expected to oversee establishment of an
MC-ICPMS and/or TIMS laboratory as part of the KFUPM isotope geochemistry laboratories. The successful candidates
is expected to conduct their own and collaborative in one or more of the following areas: carbonate geochemistry and
diagenesis, organic matter transformations, genesis of non-silicate minerals, hydrologic cycle , paleoclimatology,
paleoenvironments, paleoecology, and environmental sciences.
- Scientist with PhD or equivalent experience in one or more of the following disciplines: geology/geostatistics, and/or
spatial modeling/forward modeling of sedimentary systems or diagenetic modeling.
- Scientist with PhD or equivalent experience in basin history modeling, lithosphere dynamics, plate tectonics,
geodynamic modeling (physical and numerical), orogenesis and ocean basin formation.
- Petrology/mineralogy with an emphasis on metamorphic and/or igneous processes. Preference will be given to
candidates with demonstrated excellence in research with emphasis on mineral deposits, exploration geochemistry,
and/or ore petrology.
Interested candidates should contact Professor John Reijmer, Saudi Aramco Chair Professor of Geology, at the following
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the college see our website: http://cpg.kfupm.edu.sa