Would you like to live and work for a couple of years in tropical Bangkok, Thailand? Would you like to take your experience in geophysical data processing for UXO related surveying to the next level? Could you lead a team of Thai geophysicists in a flexible and positive atmosphere?
An 18-month contract position is available for a Data Processing Manager to analyze and manage data from Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) surveys. The role includes training and management of a group of Thai geophysical data processors. This is a new team who will serve as a hub of data processing in support of geophysical surveys (mainly for UXO) taking place abroad.
The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Start date is approximately mid-April 2017. In addition to a competitive salary, benefits include airfare at the start and end of contract, housing and relocation allowance, visa support, 15 days of holiday per annum and bonus program. The position is likely to be extended by 6 to 12 months based on performance.
This is an excellent opportunity for a well motivated Mid-Senior Geophysicist, eager to expand their skills into management. This new and dynamic group aims to be professional, customer focused and flexible. Training and ongoing support is provided.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 5-10 years of experience performing data processing of time domain electromagnetic data, ideally related to UXO surveys.
- High proficiency with Geosoft Oasis Montaj UX-Detect, UX-Process and UX-Analyze modules. Familiarity with Visual Sample Plan (VSP) is advantageous.
- A thorough understanding of North American UXO related digital geophysical mapping (DGM) standards (daily equipment tests, reporting, quality control, quality assurance, geophysical system verification, instrument verification, data processing, target identification, modeling, target list prioritization, etc.).
- Familiarity with the EM61 and other DGM equipment.
- Ability to oversee data processing from multiple surveys, preparation of geophysical survey plans and reports.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelors Degree in Geophysics (or similar).
- Training and daily management of a group of junior geophysical data processors.
- Overall management of geophysical data processing of time domain electromagnetic (and magnetic) data on UXO related surveys.
- Be the sole point of contact to Management and Field Geophysicist(s) regarding data management, processing status, target lists and reports.
- Approve final data and target lists. Prepare clearance reports, maps and all digital data deliveries required.
- Prepare training material (documents, presentations, videos, etc.) and guidance documentation such as standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- A small amount of international travel may be required.