The Department of Geological Sciences invites applications for a post at the Lecturer/Senior Lecturer level to be filled by a geophysicist with interests and experience appropriate to applications in sedimentary basin analysis and neotectonics.
- A PhD in an appropriate field at the time of appointment.
- Experience in seismology and other geophysical methods applicable to resource evaluation and/or neotectonics.
- Suitable track record of research and publication.
For appointment at the senior lecturer level:
- Enhanced track record of research and publication.
- Evidence of relevant teaching or mentoring experience.
- Establishing an active research programme in geophysics.
- Teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level including leading appropriate field courses.
- Attracting research funding and students needed to sustain an international-level research programme in geophysics.
The annual remuneration packages, including benefits at the respective levels are as follows:
- Senior Lecturer: R786 717
- Lecturer: R639 848
For further information about the post contact Prof Chris Harris (email@example.com)
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Tracy Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- A letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A statement (no more than 2 pages) of your accomplished research and future plans
- A statement (no more than 2 pages) of your teaching approach
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Telephone: 021 650 3003
Reference number: E18176
Closing date: 15 June 2018
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.