The University of the West Indies
ST. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
PhD. in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
Considerable relevant experience in the delivery of Digital Electronics and related courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, in an accredited engineering programme.
Areas of Specialisation
The successful candidate will be attached to the Department's Electronics Group and will be expected to contribute to the Group's research activities. The Group's focus includes embedded systems development using field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), complex programmable logic devices (CPLD's) and microprocessors. Familiarity with analogue circuit elements and digital signal processing will be an asset.
Teach Digital Electronics and related courses in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, including course preparation, delivery and examination and all associated activities
Personal Attributes and Specific Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Relevant training in education will be an asset.
- Team player and have the willingness to work with students. Effective Teacher.
- A thorough knowledge of Digital Electronics and related fields including FPGAs, CPLDs and microprocessors;
- Familiarity with devices and the associated development and simulation environments from either Xilinx or Atmel;
- Excellent knowledge of MATLAB; Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word and Power Point.
Applications (two copies) should be sent to the Campus Registrar, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I., Fax No. 1-868-663-9684. Full CV and application forms which must be completed fully and can be obtained at the above address and at http://www.sta.uwi.edu must be submitted. The names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Further particulars of the post, including remuneration package are also available at the above URL.
All applicants should submit in PDF format (1) a detailed resume, (2) a statement of teaching interests, (3) a statement of research interests.
Deadline for Application: 2012 JULY 30