The role of the Centre for Workforce Research and Development is to conduct research in the areas of labour market demands which will satisfy Trinidad and Tobago's strategic diversification and economic growth agendas. It is to collaborate with policymakers and education systems stakeholders on the strategic alignment of education, training and qualifications, with current and future labor market demands and national priorities in the context of global trends.
The CWRD will enable evidence-based decisions by conducting research and publishing findings in the areas of labour market supply and demand trends, 21st century education, training and skills requirements and their imperatives for students, and the continuous of the current workforce. It will also continuously assess and advise on opportunities for skill transference into other competitive and emerging sectors.
Qualifications and Experience
Post graduate qualification, preferably a Doctorate Degree in Business Administration/Human Resource Development/Labour Economics or related discipline. Must have considerable leadership/management experience, with direct involvement in assessing the economics and impacts of global, regional and local labour market movements. Experience in Grant Writing for Research Projects is necessary.
Candidates should also have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience in:
- Project and portfolio management
- Research grant funding
- Global labour market trends
- Leading and driving the work and research agenda of the Centre
- Developing strategies to communicate the work of the CWRD, with various stakeholders
- Research Leadership to support, inter alia strategic foresighting and policy positions
- Networking with industry leaders, governmental agencies, regional and international bodies
- Analysing and Interpreting statistics and information, to guide the Centre's work plans and research agendas, as well as to inform national policy positions
- Conduct pertinent studies to acquire data and information that will inform the work of the Centre
The CWRD places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also have:
- The ability to lead and work with a diverse team in a fast paced environment
- High personal credibility and integrity
- The ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- The ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong Communication and Networking skills
Detailed application (two copies) and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I., Fax No. 1-868-663-9684; e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms can be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Job Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package can be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by The University.
Deadline for application: 2017 May 30