Location: Bristol, UK
Working pattern: Full time
Horizon Geosciences provides comprehensive geophysical survey and geotechnical investigation services to the offshore industry to support every stage of the development of offshore and nearshore facilities. Working through our regional network of offices the Company offers our full range of services around the world.
To join our expanding UK office in Bristol, the role requires a candidate who has experience in projects or project management, preferably with a background in offshore geophysical, geotechnical or marine investigations, who can assist with the running and management of offshore survey and geotechnical projects.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Support the Senior Project Manager in project organisation and allocation of project resources
- Establish a close working relationship with internal staff throughout our regional network and maintain regular contact
- Manage and produce project specific documentation including Project Quality Plans, Health and Safety Plans and Emergency Response Plans
- Attend offshore vessels at port calls during the project
- Gain an understanding of financial performance of the project and help provide project cost and revenue information for reporting purposes. This will include helping the Project Manager in the preparation of cost trackers, revenue management and forecasting, and invoice preparation and submission.
- Develop a good understanding of the project contracts and how to use them to the benefit the company
- Produce and maintain schedules to ensure that projects are carried out within contractual time frames
- Assist with the preparation of weekly / monthly reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Checking and reviewing subcontractor and supplier invoices and field expenses
- Encourage working methods that promote health and safety and challenge those who do not work in a safe manner
The following qualifications, experience and skills are required:
- A relevant degree or qualifications in project management or administration
- A track record with knowledge of geophysical / geotechnical or marine investigations techniques would be desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 1-2 year's experience
- An good understanding of project management processes
- Strong commercial acumen and contractual awareness
- Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined, excellent communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with others
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word; Excel; MS Project; ERP System experience would be an advantage
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date and motivation for applying for this role together with your CV to email@example.com with "Assistant Project Manager" in the subject line.
Applicants must be in possession of valid documentation allowing them to work in the UK.