- Location: Various
- Post Number: 102992 & 102993
- Salary: £24,828.00
- Contract type: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full Time, 37 hour per week
Provide direct advice and guidance on energy project civil engineering matters to Project Managers, Project Teams and EDP Management Team with a focus on the large scale onshore wind energy projects on the NRW Managed Estate (e.g. Brechfa Forest and Clocaenog Forest). This is to ensure compliance in management of the NRW Managed Estate and to protect the Minister's interest.
The current Energy Portfolio includes the following Programme areas:
- Large Scale Onshore Wind Energy
- Small Scale Hydro Energy
- Third Party Access including power line agreements for energy developments across the NRW Managed Estate
- New Energy Business Opportunities in areas such as Energy Parks, unconventional gas, biomass and other emerging technologies.
Job Specific Criteria:
- Have a minimum level qualification of Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Site Management or aim to achieve this qualification within 5 years of taking up post with support from Natural Resources Wales - Essential.
- Experience in large scale civil engineering and infrastructure ground works operations and contract management and project planning - Essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM 2015 and construction Health, Safety & Environmental risk management - Essential.
- Knowledge of CAD packages such as AutoCAD and GIS such as ArcView and asset management systems (AMX) - Essential.
- Knowledge of forest road and bridge construction techniques, and experience of working in a rural / upland environment - Desirable.
- Experience of compiling tender documents / drawings using NEC3 form of contract - Desirable.
Application closing date: 20th December 2017
Interviews to take place on: Week commencing 22nd January 2018
If you have any queries please contact: Andy Perry 0300 065 4755
For further information and how to apply please visit our website.