£40 - 50k + Benefits
My client is one of the largest engineering consultancies in the UK with a prestigious reputation for providing the highest quality of service on some of the largest and most diverse projects in the world. Their client load varies across the public and private sector and projects come in many sectors including infrastructure, energy and residential.
The purpose of the role is to provide the delivery of project work across Great Britain and Ireland with some work overseas on occasion.
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Manage the local resource - responsible for project resource allocation.
- Manage, motivate, mentor and develop professional staff.
- Effectively manage and deliver environmental project work.
- Provide robust project financial management (inc. rolling 12 forecast and resource database).
- Coordinate and manage multidisciplinary teams working on environmental assessment studies.
- Identify and proactively pursue new business opportunities.
- Work closely with and provide professional advice to clients, building relationships and raising the profile of the environment business.
- Identify business development opportunities and develop such offerings in terms of recruitment and team development.
- Participate in business and sector planning.
- Deliver EA&M Business Plan
- Develop efficient working practices to provide industry leading, best value services to our clients
- Budget responsible for the delivery of projects and services.
- Undertake own continuing professional development and that of others, including representing the organisation at technical conferences and seminars.
- Operate in accordance with the organisation's corporate health & safety, environment and quality standards
The successful candidate should hold an undergraduate and postgraduate degree in a relevant environmental subject and be working toward Chartership if they have not already gained this.
The candidate should have:
- Significant consultancy experience at a managerial level, across a range of business sectors.
- Demonstrably good commercial awareness, an appetite for business development, excellent report-writing and client liaison skills.
- An up-to-date knowledge of UK environmental legislation and outstanding communication skills in order to lead and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Experience will include solid commercial responsibility for consultancy projects, managing small teams of professional staff, writing successful proposals for environmental assessment work.
As a guide, the successful applicant should have a good mix of skills across a number of sectors, some of which may include:
- Due diligence
- Environmental Auditing
- Sustainability Appraisal
For further information on this role or to submit a CV please contact the Environmental Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 616 7185 quoting the reference number ENV210.