£30,000 - £36,000 + Benefits
My client are looking for an experienced Senior Ecologist to join their multi-disciplined environmental consultancy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good working knowledge of a broad range of British fauna and flora, with ability to carry out and co-ordinate surveys for a wide range of habitats and species;
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Ecological Impact Assessments;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Ability to design and implement cost and time efficient mitigation schemes;
- Experience in management of diverse range of projects;
- Thorough knowledge of nature conservation legislation, best practice guidance and the UK planning system;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work well alongside colleagues, clients and consultees;
- Ability to confidently advise clients and consultees on a wide range of ecological matters;
- Full membership of IEEM; and
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline.
It would also be beneficial for applicants to:
- Hold at least one licence to survey for European Protected Species;
- Have experience of representing clients at planning appeals/ inquiry;
- Specialise in a particular field of ecology (e.g. tree climbing bat surveys, invertebrate surveys) or related discipline (e.g. arboriculture, EIA co-ordination);
A proven ability to win new clients and develop existing relationships would also be regarded a distinct advantage.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate, providing a chance to develop their career as part of an enthusiastic, friendly and professional team working in pleasant surroundings. In addition the client can offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme.
For further information on this role or to submit a CV please contact Jack Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 616 7(187) .