£27 - 34k per annum
My client are a specialist multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy that provide unbeatable solutions to complex design and planning issues that vary in size from the small to the very large. Due to continued success they are looking to expand their ecology team by appointing an additional Senior Ecologist.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good working knowledge of a broad range of British fauna and flora, with ability to carry out and co-ordinate surveys for a wide range of habitats and species;
- Proven experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Ecological Impact Assessments for a variety of schemes;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Expertise in the design and implementation of cost and time efficient mitigation schemes;
- Experience in management of diverse range of projects;
- Thorough knowledge of nature conservation legislation, best practice guidance and the UK planning system;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work well alongside colleagues, clients and consultees;
- Ability to confidently advise clients and consultees on a wide range of ecological matters;
- Full membership of IEEM;
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline.
Ideally, the successful candidate will also:
- Hold at least one licence to survey for European Protected Species (preferably bats and/ or dormice);
- Have experience of representing clients at planning appeals/ inquiry;
- Specialise in a particular field of ecology (e.g. tree climbing bat surveys, invertebrate surveys) or related discipline (e.g. arboriculture, EIA co-ordination);
A proven ability to win new clients and develop existing relationships would also be regarded a
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate, providing a chance to develop their career as part of an enthusiastic, friendly and professional team working in pleasant surroundings. In addition the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and access to a number of benefits including a contributory pension scheme.
For further information on this role or to submit a CV please contact Jack Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 616 7(187) .