SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd is an independent, international consulting practice which provides globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and natural resources industry.
The SRK Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. SRK has been providing its clients with innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions for 40 years and our client base covers a wide range of industries, particularly within the resources and engineering sectors.
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd, located in Cardiff City Centre, is the European arm of the SRK Consulting Group and currently has over 110 employees. SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd is an employee-owned company.
We are seeking a senior level Civil Engineer (Surface Water) to join an experienced water team based in Cardiff. This opportunity will involve working on a diverse range of exciting projects with multi-disciplinary teams both in the UK and overseas. International travel will be required.
The role will include:
- Design and management of hydrological field programmes
- Desk-based hydrological studies, conceptual, analytical and numerical models, the latter including characterisation of input and outputs uncertainties
- Storm analysis, flood estimation and flood risk assessment including preliminary design and costing of mitigation measures
- Development of water balance models for optimisation of water use
- Design of civil hydraulic structures for river conveyance and impoundment
- Project management, report and proposal writing, client liaison and mentoring of staff
- Degree or equivalent in a civil engineering, surface water related science or engineering subject with preferably a higher degree and/or significant hydraulic / hydrological experience.
- Previous experience of undertaking civils/hydrological studies, ideally including international projects.
- Innovative and clear thinking, able to work with complex problems and to present ideas and data to colleagues and clients to find solutions.
- Competent report and proposal writing skills. Strong English language skills (verbal and written). A second language is an advantage but is not essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to be proactive and work under pressure, either independently or as part of a team.
- Previous mining-related consulting experience and experience will be highly regarded.
- The right to work in the UK.
In return we offer:
- An attractive compensation package
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.
Applicants should respond by submitting their CV online by clicking the button below. The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019
Please submit your detailed CV in the strictest of confidence here.