Applications are invited for the post of Programme Officer II, Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global Affairs, Regional Headquarters of The University of the West Indies, located in Jamaica.
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global Affairs, the Programme Officer II, working in collaboration with the relevant campus offices, will be primarily responsible for the co-ordination of The UWI's efforts to increase the number of international students and assist in the expansion of exchange programmes for staff and students across the University.
- Facilitating and monitoring The UWI's engagement with global higher education networks
- Conducting research to inform the formulation of strategies to increase the number of international students at The UWI
- Assisting in the implementation of The UWI's strategies to increase the number of international students
- Assisting in identifying funding opportunities and prepare grant proposals for submission to potential funders for support of international exchange programmes (staff and students)
- Supporting planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of new and ongoing international exchange programmess (staff and students) and their activities across The UWI
- Other duties as assigned by the Pro Vice Chancellor for Global affairs.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master's degree in International Education, Social Sciences, International Business or closely related field. A Bachelor's degree and relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis;
- Experience working, studying or living abroad;
- Experience in an international education office environment or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of delivering international programmes for students, faculty and administrators of higher education institutions;
- Working knowledge of current international education programs and trends;
- Ability and interest in understanding, respecting and working effectively with people of differing cultures;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and to use discretion in handling information;
- Working knowledge of office procedures, practices, rules, regulations;
- Excellent computer and internet skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office with proven experience in using word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Please submit application with curriculum vitae and the names of at least three referees to reach the University Registrar by December 16, 2016. Write under confidential cover to:
The University Registrar
Office of Administration
The University of the West Indies
Regional Headquarters, Kingston 7
Jamaica, West Indies
For further particulars of the post, visit the website, www.uwi.edu/jobs or contact us at the fax number, (876) 977 -1422, or by email at, email@example.com