Qualification and Experience
Postgraduate qualification at the doctorate level, EdD or PhD, in Education, Curriculum Design or Instructional/Educational Technology.
- Candidates should also possess expertise in the assigned areas: curriculum design, faculty development and eLearning.
- To develop, plan and facilitate professional development workshops, including curriculum design, teaching and learning strategies, techniques and models of teaching and learning, assessment strategies and technology integration.
- To teach in CETL's teaching and learning programmes.
- To engage in training and other activities that promote learner-centred instruction.
- To prepare teaching and learning materials for CETL workshops and adapt materials for CETL's website.
- To liaise with Faculties/Departments in order to identify their training needs with respect to teaching and learning in a student-centred environment.
- To provide Faculty with current best practices in all facets of teaching, assessment and technology integration.
- To review courses and curricula, and make recommendations consistent with goals and objectives of good practice in higher education.
- To facilitate the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL) at the St. Augustine campus.
The Centre places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills and must be student-centered. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also have the:
- Excellent pedagogical skills.
- Ability to carry out a research agenda.
- Evidence of effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to participate in University life (Administration, conference organization and committees) and community outreach.
Detailed application (two copies) and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I., Fax No. 1-868-663-9684; e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms can be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Job Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package can be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by The University.
Deadline for applications is March 22, 2017