Minimum Qualification/ Experience
A PhD in Geomatics Engineering, Membership of an internationally recognized professional body or engineering institution.
Considerable related academic and professional experience, including:
- A track record of distinguished, original and innovative work; high quality publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- Outstanding success in and wide recognition of professional activities
- Corporate membership in a reputable professional institution
- Active engagement in industry
- Proven success in grant applications
Special Expertise/Area of Concentration
Geomatics Engineering, Geoinformatics, Geodesy, Land Administration, Hydrography, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Cadastre, Cartography
To provide leadership and vision in developing research and teaching programs in Geomatics Engineering that will impact the region
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment.
Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English is essential.
Candidates must also possess:
- The ability to interact positively with academic, technical and administrative staff within the Department, and within the University
- The ability to interface with Government and Industry
- A student-centered approach
- Creativity and innovation
- Leadership skills
- Good coordination skills
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
Detailed application (two copies) and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the University Registrar, Office of Administration, The University of the West Indies, Regional Headquarters, Mona, Jamaica, W.I., Fax No. 1-876-977-1422; e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms can be obtained at http://www.uwi.edu/hrd, Job opportunities section. Further particulars including remuneration package can be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the University Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.
Deadline for applications is 2017 May 30