Commutable from Beverley, Brough, Doncaster, Driffield, Hedon, Holme on Spalding Moor, Howden, Goole, Market Weighton, Selby, North Cave, Walkington.
Salary and Benefits - £38,000-£40,000 + Pension + Overtime
- Mon-Fri Days based role
- Key position working within an ATEX based environment
- Working for a stable and secure employer
My client is a well-established firm that provides waste management and recycling to the retail and food market. The firm are based at their purpose-built site which has an AD plant, Bulk storage and recycling facilities.
You must have the following
- Must have a minimum of Nebosh certificate although Nebosh Diploma would be preferred
- Must have worked as HSE mgr or HSE Advisor
- Must have experience of Environmental Compliance
- Must have experience of Health and Safety within an Engineering Environment
- Must be a good communicator and be able to plan and prioritise the workload
- Ideally have past experience working in a process based environment
As the Health, Safety and Environmental (SHE) Manager you will be responsible for establishing, managing and maintaining standards across the whole site.
At Performance Reviews you will be held accountable for:
- Meeting targets in:
- Customer service
- Income and cost control
- Implementing change effectively
- Accuracy of work
- Adherence to legal requirements
- Displaying the correct behaviours
In order to achieve these accountabilities you will need to undertake the following responsibilities and display the appropriate behaviours as listed below.
- Have overall ownership for the implementation and day to day management of all the health and safety and environmental standards across the whole site. This includes the maintenance of HACCP; Business Continuity Plans; Emergency Response Plans and Risk Assessments / Method Statements.
- Manage your weekly activity, formulating a workable strategy to ensure that the site remains up to date and compliant at all times. This must include time to ensure that the workplace satisfies all health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
- Develop a workable and practicable process to ensure all employees understand their own responsibilities with regards to health and safety generally and are regularly tested to ensure they maintain a suitable working knowledge of the areas that are appropriate to them.
- Liaise with all external organisations and authorities to ensure you maintain your technical knowledge, including emerging new legislation and can implement any necessary remedial action.
- Responsible for the monitoring, achievement and internal communications/ presentation of related Key Performance Indicators to ensure the right quality of material is being procured at the right time and at the right price to enable the company to achieve its objectives are targets.
- Prepare comprehensive, accurate and timely paperwork for regulatory bodies, as well as internal requirements, to ensure we remain compliant at all times. Reporting any breaches to your Line Manager in a timely and appropriate manner: providing all potential options / solutions at that time.
- Ensuring all your appraisal paperwork is completed in accordance with guidelines and that you maintain personal responsibility for your own personal development, including any continuous professional development your role demands.
- Works with all other internal departments to effectively handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term supplier and customer relationships.
To apply for the HSE Advisor role , please send your CV to Simon Cutsforth along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4487SC by email to: email@example.com
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.