Location: Hampshire, UK
Salary: £30,269 - £32,114 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Apply by: Monday, 29 April 2019
Full-time, however consideration given to part-time applicants (0.8)
The post holder will coordinate work systems to ensure that the working conditions of the College are compliant, with relevant legislation and good practise.
The role will involve working closely with all departments to help with assisting and advising on completing risk assessments, carrying out fire practise at all sites and providing advice on Health and Safety matters. Please see job description for full details.
Candidates should have the following relevant skills and experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Environmental knowledge
- DSE Advanced Assessor's experience
- Health and Safety Officer experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills
The College is keen to attract the very best candidate, and would consider applicants who are interested in attaining further specific qualification.
Whilst the post is principally based at the Sparsholt campus the successful applicant will need to travel and work at the Andover campus as required.
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
- Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme (NEST)
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years' service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
- Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- Free cash point facility
- Free Library membership
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438 HR@sparsholt.ac.uk