The Leibniz Institute for Applied Geophysics invites applications for the position of
LIAG Junior Research Group Leader
starting at the earliest date possible with an initial contract for four years according to the German Science Temporary Employment Law (WissZeitVG).
LIAG wishes to establish a "LIAG Junior Research Group" at the earliest date possible. It will consist of a group leader and two PhD students. We seek a scientist to set up and manage this group. The applicant should propose the research topic of the group, which has to fit with the research interests of LIAG and ideally foster networking within LIAG. Your four-year research proposal including the resource planning for the junior research group will be an essential part of your application. In addition to the supervision of the PhD students, we expect independent research and the active acquisition of funded projects to further develop the research group and strengthen research at the LIAG.
- university degree and PhD in either Geophysics, Geosciences, Physics, Geology or a comparable subject
- ability to work independently on scientific questions
- successful publication list
- presentation of an excellent four-year research proposal including resource planning (max. two pages, your position and 2 PhDs (3yrs))
- a high standard of conceptual, organizational and analytical abilities
- a high degree of independence combined with the ability to work in a team
The following qualifications would be of advantage
- leadership experience or experience in the supervision of students
- experience in the acquisition of third-party funding
- national and international networking skills
- experience in collaboration with universities, independent research institutes, and scientific societies
- research conducted abroad
LIAG is a member of the renowned Leibniz Association and enjoys an excellent reputation, both nationally and internationally. The Institute is part of the GEOZENTRUM Hannover and a number of networks and hence offers a very versatile work environment. LIAG supports further qualification of its employees and welcomes their partaking in lecturing at universities.
Place of employment is Hannover. Pay scale is based on salary group E14 TV-L (Collective Agreement for public service of the German states) under consideration of §40 No. 5 TV-L (consideration of professional experience). Applicants must fulfil the requirements laid down in the German Science Temporary Employment Law (WissZeitVG) for the complete duration of the four-year employment.
LIAG pursues a policy of equal opportunities for women and men. In this context, applications from women are especially encouraged. In line with flexible working hours we offer a responsible and diversified position that is also appropriate for part-time employment and re-entry after parental leave.
LIAG aims to increase the number of disabled employees. Given equal qualifications, disabled applicants will be given priority.
Please submit your full application electronically (max. 10 MB), without a photo, and stating the job advertisement number G 07/17 and the keyword "Junior Research Group" to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25.10.2017.