In this context, BGR is looking for a
Mining Engineer or Geoscientist (M.Sc)
to join the BGR project "Strengthening the state management of the mining sector in Mozambique". The project is part of a common German program with German International Cooperation (GIZ) to support MIREME. The successful candidate will be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- scientific research and technical support in the development cooperation project "Strengthening the state management of the mining sector in Mozambique" in coordination with the BGR project team and the project partners
- technical advice and support for the technical services of the Mining Ministry for the management of the mining industry, in particular:
- advice on licensing procedures for mining projects
- advice on feasibility studies, in particular assessments of the economic and technical potential of raw material production
- organization and instruction of training courses on licensing procedures and feasibility studies
- effective presentation and public dissemination of project results
- design, preparation and support of subcontracts and monitoring of subcontractors
- M.Sc. (or equivalent) in Mining Engineering, Geosciences, Earth Sciences, or another mining-related discipline
- good knowledge of the mining, economic and environmental aspects of raw material extraction
- intercultural Competence
- good organizational and team skills
- good knowledge of the English language
- good knowledge of the German language
- willingness for permanent work in Maputo (Mozambique)
- knowledge and experience to assess feasibility studies, in particular their economic and technical assessment
- knowledge of planning and approval procedures in the raw material sector
- experience in international (development) cooperation, especially in Africa
- knowledge of the Portuguese language
This is a temporary position to be filled ASAP, related to the BGR project "Strengthening the state management of the mining sector in Mozambique" which terminates on 31 December, 2018.
http://www.bgr.bund.de/EN/ Themen/ Zusammenarbeit/TechnZusammenarb/ Projekte/ Laufend/ Afrika/ 2002_2012-2520-0_Mosambik_Staerkung_Bergbausektor_en.html?nn=1549064
After a preparation period in Hannover and Bad Honnef, the job holder is permanently employed in Maputo/Mozambique. The classification is made in fee group 13 of the collective agreement on the German Federal Fees Ordinance, plus foreign country bonus.
Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome. The BGR also pursues the goal of occupational equality between women and men. Applications by women are therefore particularly welcome. The workplace is not part-time suitable. The BGR aims to increase the proportion of severely disabled people, and they are therefore given preferential treatment if they are of the same occupational aptitude.
Please send your written application with all documents without an application folder until 28.11.2017 using the specifying job description number B 140/17 and the keyword "Mozambique consultancy Mining Ministry" to the