For Section 3.1 "Inorganic and Isotope Geochemistry" / Department 3 "Geochemistry" we invite applications for a
PostDoc on Numerical modelling of ancient sediment-hosted massive sulfide systems (m/f)
Reference No. 81/31/16 G
Section 3.1 "Inorganic and Isotope Geochemistry" of the GFZ Potsdam wishes to hire one postdoctoral researcher to join a new research group on "Ore Genesis" being set up by Prof. Sarah Gleeson. The project will be co-supervised by P.D. Dr. Philipp Weis, head of the GRAMME modelling group. These groups focus on multi-disciplinary approaches to understanding the processes that form mineral deposits in crustal and surficial environments.
- conduct numerical modelling of fluid flow in hydrothermal systems forming sediment-hosted massive sulfide deposits
- develop and implement additional functionality required from this project to the Complex Systems Modeling Platform (CSMP++)
- publish in international peer-reviewed journals and present research results at scientific meetings
- develop multidisciplinary collaborations at the GFZ, and externally
- MSc (or equivalent) and PhD degree in geosciences with a focus on numerical process modeling, basin modelling or fluid dynamics. Candidates with a background in geology, sedimentology or economic geology with a strong interest in developing modelling skills are also encouraged to apply.
- experience with writing code would be an advantage
- proven track record in producing high quality publications
- capacity for interdisciplinary and international teamwork and excellent communication skills
|Starting date:||01 January 2017|
|Fixed term:||2 years (with option for extension)|
|Working hours:||full-time (currently 39 h/week)
The position is, in principle, suitable for part-time employment
|Salary:||EG 13 TVöD-Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)|
You can expect a very diverse and challenging job in an international work environment that is characterized by exciting research projects. The compatibility of work and family life is of particular concern to the GFZ. Therefore, it offers the opportunity for flexible working time and workplaces. Moreover, there is a kindergarten located on the research campus.
The GFZ is a partner with Geo.X (www.geo-x.net), and as such it is well connected with other geoscience institutions in Potsdam and Berlin. Geo.X forms the largest regional cluster of geoscientific expertise in Europe and offers excellent opportunities for cooperation and development.
Equal opportunity is an inherent part of our personnel policy. Therefore we are particularly welcoming applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
We will retain your application documents for at least three months, even if the application is not successful. They will not be returned.
If you have any questions regarding this job offer, please feel free to call Mrs Albrecht at +49 (0)331 288-28878.